View Full Version : Moving to PS

October 12th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Hi, I was looking for affordable apartments in the area and saw some in my price range in Desert Hot Springs. Is that an OK area? Thanks.

October 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Kevin - Desert Hot Springs is north of Palm Springs (north of the 1-10 freeway) - sorry though, don't have much information on the area. Have you spent any time there? I find that's usually the best way to get a feel for an area. Everyone is so different, so what you might find appealing, someone else may not and of course vice-versa.

October 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
for the reply. I have spent alot of time in PS and fell in love with it from day one. Now there is nothing holding me back from moving there. I just don't want to be in a bad area. Ant suggestions?

October 21st, 2008, 08:08 AM
Either go with your gut or spend a lot of time (is possible) in the area where you think you'll want to live. Go to the stores, grocery shopping, restaurants, library, bars - and most importantly - talk to the people! If you're very, very concerned, stop by the police station and ask them for crime stats. Getting a feel for the area is your best bet. Renting is also a good way to go so you don't get locked into a home only to find out 3 months later you're not happy. If you are, then great, plant roots!

October 25th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Call the police. They said that there is some crime in Desert Hot Springs, but didn't think it was really bad. I might fly out and look around.

November 13th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I talked to a number of people in the PS area and am being told that jobs are very hard to find right now, so I am going to wait and see if the economy turns around before I relocate.