PDA

View Full Version : Wind in Desert Hot Springs

dubobn
December 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I've booked the month of Feb. at Mission Lakes in DHS. Recently, someone told me that this area is windier than other areas of Palm Springs. Is this true, and if so, just how windy is it? Thanks for any info. Regards, Ben

GolfClub
December 20th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I played some of the "windy" courses in and around Palm Springs. I don't believe it ever made my game unplayable and I must say I have had some of the best golf ever in these areas. It depends on the weather and many times there is no wind at all. I would try to book more in the early hours or later hours when temperatures stabilize.

Palm Springs area golf courses are all a treat because there are so many great ones they all have to be good to compete with each other. It is a golfer’s paradise. I've played Pebble Beach and many Hawaiian ocean courses and had more wind on those then I have had in Palm Springs. Book your tee times and enjoy.

Unregistered
March 9th, 2009, 02:10 PM
we have been in a rv park in desert hot springs for over two weeks now and more than half that time we have had strog winds gust to 35 or more. tee time easy to get up here because no one likes to play in this weather.