PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose

Bogeyman
November 13th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Hi All

I've never been to PS and booked a flight for the end of January. A buddy and I are coming to sample your courses. I've been checking out all sorts of websites and have shortlisted these hotels. So, honest answer if you had to choose between the following which would you pick. Use parameters such as price, cleanliness, friendliness, amenities.

- Indian Wells Resort - $140 per night Cdn.
- Best Western Palm Desert - $104 per night Cdn.
- Palm Canyon Resort and Spa - $101 per night Cdn
- Indian Palms Resort - $151 per night Cdn
- Mojave Resort - $160 per night
- Shadow Mountain …. “Studio Suite” for $89 US on Palmsprings.com
- The Inn at Deep Canyon

A friend told me to not even pre-book...that you can get better rates if you just show up, but as this is my first trip to PS I am reluctant to try that.

Thanks!

Andrea
November 13th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Of the ones you mentioned, I would recommend the Mojave – it's very hip, chic, well located and reasonably priced.

Jojo
November 13th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Hello Boogeyman! Regarding your statment: "A friend told me to not even pre-book...that you can get better rates if you just show up, but as this is my first trip to PS I am reluctant to try that."

We wanted to make you aware of the fact that PalmSprings.com Rates are the lowest anywhere. You'll find a disclaimer on all the hotel / resort web pages that read:

Note: You won't find the (name of the hotel / resort) with lower rates anywhere than those listed here because Palm Springs.com does not make a commission on your reservation! However, you must request the "PalmSprings.com Special Rate" to take advantage of these specially negotiated rates for the (name of the hotel / resort)!

We hope you enjoy your visit to Palm Springs - a beautiful oasis! :cool:

Bogeyman
November 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Is that a typo on the Palmsprings.com webiste? $129 for the Mojave two room suite. That's cheaper than the weekday price

Jojo
November 16th, 2007, 12:15 PM
The rate has been corrected - it's $289 (at this time) for a 2 bedroom suite at the Mojave! :cool: