PDA

View Full Version : Need Vintage Photo Of Desert Gardens Ranch

nude bowl seeker
August 1st, 2009, 11:00 PM
I’m seeking a photo of theDesert Gardens Ranch nudist colony/clothing optional retreat…………. in the hills outside Desert Hot Springs, California. This location became abandoned and the empty swimming pool became a hot spot for party’ers and skateboarders, a.k.a. “the nude bowl”. Please don’t recommend skateboarding sites, I have plenty of photos of the place when it was abandoned. I’m searching far and wide for a photo of the swimming pool and main buildings before the demise of the ranch. I’m more than happy to pay handsomely for this item, if it can be produced, certainly someone must have visited in the 70’s and taken a photo. Ideally I’m looking for one similar to the attached photo but 30 years earlier. Thanks for your time, any advice appreciated, Rockford

Unregistered
October 21st, 2009, 08:37 AM
How about checking archives with the library or historical society? Never know. Good luck.

arrey45
October 20th, 2010, 12:33 PM
hello my name is Bobbie Arrey, my grand parents bill & ginger williams owned & built the desert garden nudist ranch. may i ask who you are ? and the reason you in need of this particular photo?

DHSHistoricalSociety
October 24th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Could you please contact us at the Desert Hot Springs Historical Society. We've been doing research on the Desert Gardens Ranch and would love to talk to someone whose relatatives owned it! info@dhshistoricalsociety.com Thanks in advance, Jeff Bowman, President

arrey45
November 10th, 2010, 01:41 AM
you may contact me via email only, if you wish to find out anything! arrey45@yahoo.com

vaslimdt
June 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I’m seeking a photo of theDesert Gardens Ranch nudist colony/clothing optional retreat…………. in the hills outside Desert Hot Springs, California. This location became abandoned and the empty swimming pool became a hot spot for party’ers and skateboarders, a.k.a. “the nude bowl”. Please don’t recommend skateboarding sites, I have plenty of photos of the place when it was abandoned. I’m searching far and wide for a photo of the swimming pool and main buildings before the demise of the ranch. I’m more than happy to pay handsomely for this item, if it can be produced, certainly someone must have visited in the 70’s and taken a photo. Ideally I’m looking for one similar to the attached photo but 30 years earlier. Thanks for your time, any advice appreciated, Rockford

You can go to the PBarchives they will definitely have it. Good Luck.

dejavu65
March 28th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I happen to have known the owners quite well, as they were my parents. I helped with the construction and operation of the Ranch for several years until i went in the military in 1967. Feel free to contact me for Information.

Unregistered
July 20th, 2012, 04:48 AM
I am seeking a wide-shot photo of the main building and pool from the time when the ranch was active, and especially a photo of the front entry gate that was further down the wash - as I recall the entry gate had stone footings supporting a wrought iron arch over the driveway - I would very much like to see photos of both. I am writing a magical realist story/essay about lost desert utopias. At least will you email me so we can discuss?
Thanks!
Ivan Johnson
ivanjohnsonx@yahoo.com

Unregistered
August 27th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I happen to have known the owners quite well, as they were my parents. I helped with the construction and operation of the Ranch for several years until i went in the military in 1967. Feel free to contact me for Information.

Hi
I've been seeking a photo or photos of the desert gardens ranch and pool from its operational era, specifically the pool... Any help or leads appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Adam Stern aka Rockford

Unregistered
November 4th, 2013, 04:39 PM

Please tell me how I may contact you. I am seeking information on the history of the Desert Garden Ranch and would love to correspond with you. Feel free to contact me too.

Ivan Johnson
ivanjohnsonx@yahoo.com

Unregistered
December 9th, 2013, 03:56 AM
I have made the trip out to the bowl twice - in 2008 and 2012 - from Australia. Would love to see photos of it operational.