View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Hotel & Resorts Editor

Hi AJ,

Congratulations on your move - you're going to love Palm Springs! For what you've described, I'd try the Ruth Hardy Park area of Palm Springs - it's near the Desert Regional Medical Center as well as The Movie Colony, and just a short walk to the Village. It's a really lovely, safe, reasonably priced area where you're more likely to find the sort of house you've described (vs. a condo). Here's a blurb on the area: RUTH HARDY PARK - Priced from $375,000 – $1,300,000. The area near Desert Hospital is one of those neighborhoods where you can find quaint and charming small homes mixed among the large old estates. This area surrounds one of the most picturesque parks in Southern California. It is conveniently located in the center of Palm Springs. If a charming property with a small old Spanish house is what you want, then here's where you just may find it.

Another great area to check out is Deepwell - really darling, nice neighborhood also well located. Here's a blurb on that area: DEEPWELL. Priced from $300,000 – $800,000. Located in this desirable, almost wind free area, you are only steps away from fine dining and shopping. These are relatively large homes built in the late 50's and early 60's. The area is very lush with landscaping and tall swaying palm trees. It has the lowest elevation in the city and, therefore, is one of the warmest areas. Many of its fine residences have undergone extensive renovation. If a close location in a quality neighborhood is what you want, Deepwell is it.

Keep in mind that there are many wonderful neighborhoods in beautiful Palm Springs - the above are just a few of my personal favorites that I feel correspond to your criteria.

Traffic is always relative, but yes, everything is extremely accessible within Palm Springs itself. Allow 20 or so minutes to reach such down valley destinations as Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert.

Best of Luck,
Kate Buckley
PalmSprings.com Hotels & Resorts Editor